Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 April 2015

The end of something and the beginning of something

Hey what's up guys, this is your boy, Trident right here.

This week is my final week of my first year first semester of university's life. Today, I will just share about what I have experienced throughout these months.

First of all, I will start with the teachers, or we call them as lecturers and tutors at here. Honestly, they are a lot more different than the secondary school teachers. First difference is they don't do spoon-feeding stuff, they don't actually directly give the the answer instead of discovering it all by yourself. All they are doing is just guidance, suggestion, advice and so on. That's why self-learning and discipline become an important role in your personal inner-self development.


Second difference is the schedule of course. Unlike the days we had back there, the schedule for now is more flexible. We can go anywhere else while you don't have class. It is very different from secondary school which you leave the school when you don't have class is considered as
"skipping school". So I am more satisfied with the university type of attending class, because it is more flexible so I am able to do my stuff during the free time.


Third is the assignments. What I had done in secondary school is only homework and homework. My school seldom assign us things to do. Technically, it is only an assignment in a year. others are just homework, exercises and so on. The style of the assignments also different though. What I did in secondary school is just following the instruction given by the teachers unlike now we need to figure what the lecturer actually needs.I actually found this challenging and interesting because I am improving by self-learning rather than just follow other people's path.


Then, I want to talk about my ultimate assignment in this semester, which is making a board game. I and my friends as a group just presented it last few days. The comments are quite good but the only problem we are facing is the game balancing. But the lecturer said it is normal because you guys develop all these things in 2 months. A published board game takes months and years to balance the whole game. So I think we did a great job right there. I am satisfied of what we had create. I also want to say thank you to my friends who contribute a lot of efforts into this game, especially the design. It looks fantastic. I feel a little bad because I only set up the rule book because I am the guy who came up with the concepts and mechanism. Looking at them suffering while drawing the design and I can't do a thing just because my drawing skill sucks.


Anyway, I enjoyed all of them although some of them are not great. Yup, these are some of the memories I had in this semester. That's all for today. Grazie! and Adios~

Image Resources:
1. http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01969/reading_1969992c.jpg
2. http://www.sa.sc.edu/ssc/files/2012/12/how-to-build-a-schedule.jpg
3. https://lagunita.stanford.edu/c4x/Education/EDUC115N/asset/images_course_image.jpg
4. http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/4c6e21fa-d7e5-4ae5-8813-435a5cc4ed94/3afbfc55-67d5-4908-a3d1-2b818e229062.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment